Developed a Library
Had a job interview
I've started revisiting interview code challenges to clean up and complete them. The most recent one I had to do was a least recently used cache. As is basically always the case, I hadn't built one of these since college, except for occasional interview assignments. So I had forgotten the specifics of how it's done, in an algorithmically optimal way. I fumbled through it and came to what is roughly the correct solution, although due to time pressure and artificial constraints I made some choices that were less than optimal. I cleaned that up and fixed the poor choices, including writing unit tests for 100% coverage. This took about 90 extra minutes. We'll see how it goes, but I plan to keep doing this for future coding challenges. If nothing else, it could be something to talk about in those future interviews.